The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training
Help me raise $4,500 by March 17th!!!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

letters

Wanting to hand-write my fundraising letters was a noble desire, but I think I just gave up on that idea after only addressing 40 envelopes. If I didn't have a thesis to be working on at the same time, I'd be all for it. Or if I had had more than two weeks notice.

I know I'm just getting into fundraising but I'm already stressing over my ability to raise at least $3,000. If I don't get donations via response from my letters, I'm going to have to organize something local. I was thinking about a benefit concert combined with a bake sale and silent auction. All of the planning and gathering of items to sell is going to take a lot of time and effort though. If my decision to run with Team in Training hadn't been such a spontaneous decision, I could have made this my project for graduation. I think it's a little to late to arrange that though since I'm already signed up for thesis credits instead of project credits.

Training is going well. I'm looking forward to a good run tomorrow. If it's not freezing outside (yes, I'm a wuss when it comes to running in the cold), I'll attempt another run along part of the Provo River Parkway.

I got an e-mail from my dad today. Tests are being run to determine whether Bill's father has lung cancer. I also got a message from my mom that Allie has another appointment tomorrow to prep for chemotherapy. Prayers for these individuals and their friends and families. You are the reason I'm running. Trust me, I would never have the will power to train for a full marathon on my own, just for fun. Their fight keeps me going.

0 comments: